1. Take regular breaks to stretch and walk around the office, and go on a walk after eating lunch to help with digestion. A light stroll after your meal will also help you clear your mind for better focus.
2. Take a break every hour or two and do a set of pushups, crunches, squats or stair climbing for a few minutes to get your metabolism revved up again.
3. There’s a reason that Zumba and Bollywood-style fitness classes have skyrocketed in popularity: They’re fun! When hanging out with friends, find some place with good music and get out on the dance floor. You’ll be twisting and turning, torching calories, and toning your abs without even feeling like you’re working out.
4. Taking some time throughout the day to clear your head will help to reduce your stress levels. Find a quiet space and take 5 to 15 minutes in the morning and evening to close your eyes, clear your thoughts, and breathe deeply in through your nose and out through your mouth.
5. Whatever you choose, make it fun! If you’re going to the park or a picnic, throw around a Frisbee or play some touch football. When you’re doing fun things that are active, you won’t feel as pressured to set aside additional time to hit the gym.