Today was back day. I was getting it in with my new crop hoodie from @yanfitgear and booty boosting leggings !! 😜😜😜 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
If you watch the video you will notice I use the same machine for my first few sets , but I change the grips. You may ask ... why change the grips, it's the same exercise. WRONG! Here is why :
The lat pulldown exercise is a great way to build upper-body strength and stability, and you can make it even better — and work more muscle — by varying your grips.
I use several different grips :
* Wide overhand (twice shoulder width, palms facing away)
* Narrow overhand (shoulder width, palms facing away)
* Narrow underhand (shoulder width, palms facing you)
To reduce the risk of injury, always pull the bar down in front of you — never behind your head.
The effect of the lat pulldown exercise on your lats is relatively similar with all grips. By changing your grips, however, you change the impact on the secondary muscle groups of the shoulders and arms.
Here are some grip tips :
1. Change your grip to build more muscle. Changes in grip can stimulate more muscle activity, leading to strength boosts and new muscle growth.
2. Use an offset grip when doing curls and rear-delt flyes. Hold the dumbbell handle close to the thumb side for curls and close to the pinky side for rear-delt flyes.
3. For pulldowns, a wide grip doesn't necessary build wide lats. All grip widths will hit the lats. A medium-width grip targets the biceps a little more.
4. A close-grip bench press hits the triceps better. However, it also reduces pec involvement. A reverse-grip bench press targets the biceps more.
5. Ditch the close-grip V-handle on seated rows. Use a bar that positions the hands about shoulder-width apart for greater range of motion.
6. Use a wider hand spacing on upright rows. Elevate the bar to just under 90 degrees to make it safer.
The right grip stimulates the most muscle activity. #BackDay #lats #Savage
Workout fuel by : @hitechpharma Lipodrene !! Oooo weeeeee !!! Post workout 45 min cardio as well