Happy Friday! I'm Tabitha and I own Winston & Main. 🙋🏻 I've been wanting to join in these #fridayintroductions for a while now, but am usually busy with wedding prep on fridays and forget to post mine. 📷 @beauxartsphoto
So here are few things about me:
1. I have a type of macular degeneration that requires me to get shots directly into my eyeball every few months. It has rendered my vision in my right eye (formerly my "good" eye) a constant blur- similar to if you smeared Vaseline over glass and looked through it. Magically and luckily our brains are able to mostly make up for our tools/eyes shortcomings, and so with both eyes open I can see pretty well. I'm not gonna lie- needles in your eyeballs are no fun, BUT there's always a silver lining, and my eye disease was, and is, the biggest motivator in starting Winston & Main. My fragile eyesight puts a lot in perspective and I really just want to see and create as much beauty in this world as I possibly can while my 👀 hold out.
2. Despite my vision (see the part above about our magical brains) this floral gig has made me REALLY good at navigating Los Angeles in a cargo van. So if you have floral aspirations and can't afford one of the countless billion dollar workshops out there, may I suggest heading to your local Uhaul, dropping $19.99 on a van, and getting really good at driving it on a few hours of sleep? I promise it will be a good investment. 😉
3. I love being in the middle of nowhere- on a trail, on a deserted road, in a foreign country far far from home. I feel so alive, invigorated, and inspired by the feeling of being absolutely insignificant compared to my surroundings. Anyone else feel this way?
4. I've been practicing yoga for almost 20 years and I still learn something new (often about poses I've been doing every week for nearly as long) every single time I practice. As a perfectionist through and through, this feeling of being a beginner or always having something to learn is one of yoga's greatest gifts to me. You don't have to be perfect, or even good, you just start from wherever you are every day.
5. I am a sucker for passion: beautiful language and protests both make me cry.