Flank Steak with 'Salsa Rustica'
‘Sup guys! Ronny here from @primal_gourmet! 🙋♂️ Fact: this recipe is crazy delicious, quick, affordable and easy (I'm talkin' 10min and everyday staples🙌). BUT it can go wrong very, very quickly... UNLESS, you follow a few golden rules for grilling Flank Steak 😉... Recipe below, rules on http://cookprimalgourmet.com/grilled-flank-steak-salsa-rustica (link in profile)
PS. if you like sharp and shiny objects, keep your eyes peeled cuz later today I’m dropping a crazy giveaway on @primal_gourmet! (and… that rhymed!) 😎 #notarapper #primalgourmet #whole30 #whole30recipes
2lb flank steak (approx. 3/4 to 1″ thick)
3 tomatoes – cut into 1/8ths
1 small red onion – finely sliced
2 cloves garlic – finely sliced
12-14 sprigs fresh mint – roughly chopped
1 loosely-packed cup fresh parsley – roughly chopped
1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
1 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
1 tsp kosher salt (plus more for steak)
1/2 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper (plus more for steak)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup EVOO
1. To a large mixing bowl, add tomatoes, onion, garlic, mint, parsley, paprika, chili flakes, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, vinegar, and olive oil. Toss gently to combine, trying not to break the tomatoes, and set aside at room temperature while you grill the steak.
2. Preheat a well-seasoned, cast-iron grill pan or charcoal grill over high heat.
3. Pat-dry flank steak with paper towel and liberally season with kosher salt and cracked pepper.
4. Grill steak on high heat for 2:30 minutes per side.
5. Transfer grilled steak to carving board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing on a bias, against the grain.
6. Serve sliced Flank Steak with Salsa Rustica and maybe some Garlic-Thyme Roast potatoes (see previous post)… just saying🤷🏻♂️