Good morning lovely people. Lena here @lenaskitchenblog on my LAST DAY of the takeover 😢. It's been such a great week, I hope you learned a lot & were inspired to cook my @whole30 food. .
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER, BACON & VEGGIES & AVOCADO
1 large head of cauliflower
1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
13.5 oz water
salt to taste
1. Cut off large stem & leaves on cauliflower & break up florets. Cut any larger ones into 1/2 or 1/4.
2. In a medium sized pot, add coconut milk & water. Bring to a boil, add cauliflower. Simmer until soft on medium low heat, watch it so it doesn't boil out. Once soft in the stem, strain & reserve some liquid.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend until smooth. You might need a spoonful of the reserved liquid to help with blending.
2 pieces of bacon per person, compliant like @pedersons
1 sweet onion
5 oz shiitake mushrooms
5 oz mini bella mushrooms
1/2 head small red cabbage
2 handfuls of baby kale
2 tbsp chives, finely chopped
2 avocados, either cut into a rose or sliced thin, 1/2 per person
salt to taste, about a pinch per veggie
duck fat or oil of your choose that's compliant
1. Cut up your veggies & bacon & put in bowls. Great for meal prep.
2. Sautée everything separate starting with bacon, once crispy, take it out.
3. Cut onions in half then into thin slices. Caramelize with a pinch of salt & fat or your choice, cook low & slow.
4. Clean mushrooms with a paper towel, cut them up into 1/4 in slices or buy them already cut to save time, cook them with no oil at first, add a small pinch of salt before cooking on med high heat. After a minute of so, move them around, add in a small spoonful of fat. Cook these in batches, don't overcrowd the pan.
5. Cut cabbage into 1/2" thick pieces, sauté in a spoonful or a bit more of needed of fat until larger pieces have softened. Add a pinch of sea salt.
6. Cut the avocado & chives.
7. 7. To assemble, add a few spoonfuls of cauliflower purée into a flat bowl, top with veggies & bacon, place avocado on top, sprinkle with salt & chives. #lenaskitchenblog #whole30 #whole30recipes #whole30breakfast #whole30lunch www.lenaskitchenblog.com