Summer food is the best food - it’s simple, full of flavor, and v photogenic. What better way is there to enjoy all the peak of summer things than on grilled pizza? Probably enjoying it with a chilled Lambrusco in hand. I prepped these ingredients for grilled pizzas over the weekend, and wanted to share a few tips you can keep in your back pocket next time you fire up that grill for a pizza night. 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕
1. Turn on your grill to medium high heat.
2. While the grill is preheating, stretch out your pizza dough, and drizzle with olive oil on both sides.
3. Prep your toppings and set them aside. Keep the toppings simple and flavorful - your pizza dough will cook quickly on the grill, and you want to use toppings that will cook quickly as well. I.e. a little shredded mozz and parm, halved sungolds or cherry tomatoes, peaches, thinly sliced onion, dollops of pesto, crushed chiles, thinly sliced prosciutto, etc.
4. Place your pizza dough over direct heat on the grill until it gets grill marks on the bottom and releases with ease.
5. Flip the dough over with heatproof tongs, top with prepped ingredients, and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
6. Top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly chopped herbs, and flaky salt. Enjoy!