School lunch has never looked so good 👊🏼 Our program creates dynamic changes in cafeterias from Cali ☀️ to New York! Lu Sutton served up some Savory Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apple and Pomegranate for their students to try something new during their Cafe Day. Make it at home or your school this fall. 🍁
Serving size: 4 - 6
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: -Brussels sprouts, 2 cups (approx. 14)
-Apple, 1 (pink lady, Fuji, or a sweeter variety)
-Onion (yellow), 1
-Olive oil, 2 TBS
-Butter, 1 TBS
-Balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp.
-Pomegranate, 1 (use 1/4 cup seeds)
-Salt, 1 tsp. (divided)
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Cut Brussels sprouts into thin round discs.
3. Dice onion.
4. Dice apple (with skin on).
5. Remove pomegranate seeds from pomegranate.
1. Toss sliced Brussels sprouts in 1-tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and roast on a lined cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Some of the smaller pieces will get very brown and crispy. This is great and will add texture to the dish. You are not burning them!
2. Sauté the diced onion and apple in 1-tablespoon olive oil and 1/2-teaspoon salt for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat, until the onion is soft and the apple is still a little crunchy.
3. Add in the roasted Brussels sprouts, 1-tablespoon butter, and 1-teaspoon balsamic vinegar.
4. To serve, top with about ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds.