How to Stickybeak at a Wedding like a Pro ✔️✔️✔️
1. No photos, videos or social media. 📷 You're there but you are not meant to be.. so being the first person to snapchat a photo of the happy couple and potentially spoil their thunder is not ok.
2. Dress like you are going to a wedding. 🤵💃 Not only have the couple gone to incredible lengths to look amazing for their wedding, but they have asked their guests to do the same. You rocking up in your trackie dacks is just wrong.
3. And on that, don't distract or yell out to the couple. 👋👋👋 You aren't really supposed to be there (harsh but true) so be discrete, be unobtrusive. Now is not a "look at me" moment.
4. Don't wait for anyone at their car. Do you know how hard it is to get out of a car in a bazillion tons of lace and tule? Do you think you are the first person they want to see at their wedding? No….. seriously, think again.
5. The best place for a stickybeaker is standing with the all the guests. Yeah, you read that right. If you stand anywhere you are going to stick out like dog's proverbials, especially if you ignored Rule 2. Standing up a hill, along the aisle but away from everyone actually draws attention to you, plus it makes for some really awkward (professional) photos.
6. If in doubt, don't go. ❌❌❌ If you're not sure whether or not it's a good idea to attend the ceremony as a stickybeaker then either check first, or don't go. A lot of couples plan for small intimate weddings as they can't afford, or don't want to, invite everyone. You being there could unintentionally upset someone who probably could/should have been there if circumstances were different.