In 1856, a businessman opened the doors of prosperous textile manufacturing company. Years later, his son took over the business and built himself a lavish mansion next to the factory. The son was a connoisseur of music, so he had this chapel built, complete with his antique organ with a manufacturing date of 1748 painted on it. The chapel building included other hobby rooms and workshops, but nothing nearly as grand as the music room.
It wasn't until WW2 that the family textile factory was destroyed in a German air raid, and even though it was rebuilt, it never saw the same success it had prior to the bombings. It eventually sold to another family and stayed in operation until 1981.
The widow of the final factory owner occupied the mansion up until 2000, but when her mother suddenly fell terminally ill, the widow left to take care of her. From the way she left the estate, it appears she was planning on coming back, however she never did, and it is unknown as to why.
Throughout the years of vacancy, the house was frequented by looters, vagrants and most unfortunately, arsonists. Despite the city's best efforts to secure the mansion, it did not succeed. In the summer of 2014, an arsonist completely destroyed the widow's gorgeous, historic home, along with all of her possessions. When the flames burnt out, they left nothing more than an empty shell on the verge of collapse. Today, all that remains are the once elaborate gardens, now devastated with overgrowth, plus this music room, with the barely surviving organ that is nearly 270 years old.