I have been pondering all day what to say to you on your 18th Birthday! I truly never thought it would go by this fast...Mouser, you are truly the best thing that has ever happened to me and I now know love like I've never known...Thank YOU for teaching me so many important life lessons along this journey called Motherhood...I have been beyond blessed to be your Mother. These are some great reminders for you on this day that you become an "official" adult... 1. Love yourself first.
2. High school is not real life. Be prepared.
3. Some girls/women are just mean. Chin up baby girl — keep walking.
4. If you find a REAL friend, keep hold no matter how far apart you are.
5. Stuff WILL NOT make you happy.
6. Don’t judge anyone, but expect to be judged. Again I say, chin up.
7. Get to know your grandma on an adult level.
8. Not every problem is the end of the world.
9. Pick your battles, its not all worth fighting about.
10. Don’t compare yourself to others, there will never be another like you.
11. No matter how much you love someone, don’t lose yourself.
12. Speak up — find your voice and use it!
13. Learn the word “NO,” and don’t be afraid to use it without guilt.
14. You get to write your own story, fill the pages with happiness.
15. Don’t ever chase a man, the right one will find you.
16. Learn how to accept compliments graciously and try to believe them.
17. ALWAYS BE HONEST! The truth only hurts if it’s supposed to.
18. Learn how to be happy in your own skin and be content alone.
19. Never be afraid to share anything you feel passionately about.
20. Its OK to disagree but refer to #9.
21. Read everything you can get your hands on. Knowledge is power.
22. If you go home with a guy and see no books, get out of there.
23. YOU ARE NO ONE’S PROPERTY!
24. Always stand up for yourself. ALWAYS.
25. Don’t be afraid to fail. That’s how you learn.
26. Never electronically send ANYTHING you wouldnt want printed on the front page on the newspaper. Even if you delete it, it can still be found.
27. Serve others unconditionally, good deeds bring happiness.
28. Be gracious, gratitude reveals character.
29. Always trust your gut instinct. ALWAYS.
30. Be nice!
31. Your action