Rules for 2018:
1.Do not waste time and money shopping. You already have everything you need, anything extra is simply self soothing. The high is temporary but the debt is forever.
2. Do not drink alcohol to sooth, only drink to celebrate.
3. Do not get drunk, it only makes you want to smoke.
4. Do not smoke, it quickly ages you and slowly kills you.
5. Do not stop writing, not even for a day. The only way that book gets finished is if you finish it.
6. Do not feed the anger. Validate it, acknowledge it and then let that shit go.
7. Do not say yes to invitations from people you don’t want in your life. Your time is too valuable to spend with people who do not value you.
8. Do not believe that voice that tells you that you aren’t good enough, that voice doesn’t know you like that.
9. Do not turn away from someone who needs help, one day you might be that someone who needs help.
10. Do not buy another book, read the books you have and reread the ones that move you.
11. Do not hire someone to do something that you can do for yourself, that’s just lazy and your mama raised you better than that.
12. Do not forget even for a second how fast your son is growing up. Play with him when he asks you to, kiss him when he lets you, pick him up while you still can.
13. Do not send anyone to voicemail, especially if they share your last name or your bloodline. Those people raised you and you owe it to them to see who you’re becoming.
14. Do not let another person tell you what you’re worth, what you deserve, how you should be loved. Those people don’t know you like you know you.
15. Do not hold on to the habits that no longer serve you- name them and thank them for getting you through and now be through with them.
16. Do not say that you can’t. Every single thing, beautiful and powerful, that you’ve ever done was something you were once convinced you could never do.