Super easy side dish for YOU for tomorrow:
Roasted Hubbard Squash Stuffed with Massaged Kale Salad
• 1 large Hubbard squash, sliced in half lengthwise
• 1 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, divided
• Sea salt and finely ground fresh pepper, to taste
• 1 head flat dinosaur kale, finely chopped and ends discarded
• 1 red apple, diced
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 Tbsp. walnuts
• 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil (or parsley)
• Juice of 1 large lemon
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the squash on the prepared baking sheet face up. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the oil and use your hands to coat both halves of the squash flesh inside and outer shell, as well. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
Roast for 45-50 minutes depending on how large the squash is. The squash should be fork tender and golden brown when it’s finished.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, massage the kale with the remaining 2 tsp. oil until the kale is dark green and tender. Add the apple, scallions, walnuts and basil. Drizzle with lemon juice and season to taste with sea salt and pepper; set aside.
Remove the squash from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Then, add the kale mixture to the cavities of the squash halves and serve warm.
Dive in AND enjoy. xx