Rise to the #GBBO challenge! Just follow these easy-breezy steps to a hassle-free, knead-free recipe. Prep it tonight and pop it in the oven tomorrow for a fresh #BreadWeek breakfast.
#NoKneadBread #Baking #Bread
How to make easy, no-knead bread.
400g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting.
1½ tsp salt.
¼ tsp fast action dried yeast
1. Add 400g white flour to a large mixing bowl, then measure in 1½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp fast action dried yeast. Mix in 350ml lukewarm water until everything is combined as a sticky, loose dough.
2. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave to rest at room temperature for at least 8 hrs until the dough is risen, darkened in colour slightly and the surface is covered in small bubbles.
3. Dust your hands and work surface with flour, then gently scoop out the sticky dough into a rough circle on them, trying not to knock out too much air. Pull the edges of the dough into the middle to bring it together in a ball shape.
4. Turn the dough over and place on a large square of floured baking paper so the folded edges are underneath. Tuck the dough around to make the ball a bit neater, then lightly dust with flour.
5. Preheat the oven to gas 8, 230°C, fan 210°C. Put a large, lidded ovenproof dish into the oven and allow to heat up for 30 mins. Remove the dish, taking care as the dish will be very hot, and lift the dough with the baking paper and carefully drop into the hot dish so that the paper folds up the sides. Use a knife or scissors to cut across in the top of the dough.
6. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 mins, then uncover and bake for another 30 mins until the top of the bread is crisp and well browned. Use the edges of the baking paper to help you lift out the dough and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Once cool, slice and serve. The bread will keep for 3-4 days at room temperature or can be frozen for up to 3 months.