It is with unimaginable joy that I share with my followers that I was installed as one of Jamaica Youth Ambassadors for the period 2017-2019, having been assigned the United Nations General Assembly Portfolio. It is beyond doubt, that this will require a lot of work and sacrifice. However, I have pledged to serve with sustained integrity and unyielding loyalty in advocating on behalf of my peers re youth related issues nationally, regionally and internationally. This is in sync with the tasks entrusted to myself and my colleagues as outlined:
1. Speak about national issues.
2. Serve as a role model to young people across Jamaica.
3. Promote and advocate action on post 2015 development agenda.
4. Bring national issues to the attention of policy makers at the regional and international levels.
5. Advance the mandate of youth inclusion and representation at the national, regional and international levels.
6. Provide analysis of national and international youth developers trends, challenges, and opportunities.
7. Attend United Nations General Assemblies, among others
This appointment will not be taken for granted nor used to attain more privilege, power or prestige. Being driven by the spirit of servanthood, we are commited to serve humbly with God as our guide. Your support, prayers and encouragement will be highly appreciated as we execute our respective portfolio responsibilities in the service of the young people of our country - Jamaica land we love.
#Youthmonth #Youthwork #Ambassador