Floor plan is usually drawn at a scale commonly at 1:100. This scale is big enough and not too small to display the necessary information. The first image below enables you to view:
* The layout of all of the different rooms including the wet areas such as the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room.
* The location of the windows and their sizes. In dimension in this image is showing the height of the window using the number of brick courses followed by the window width or opening in mm.
* The location of the outdoor services/ features such as the electrical and gas meter box, hot water unit, aircon outdoor unit, garden water tap and etc.
Dimensions are usually drawn between the walls to specify room sizes and wall lengths. Floor plans may also include details of fixtures like sinks, water heaters, furnaces, etc. Floor plans may include notes for construction to specify finishes, construction methods, or symbols for electrical items .
The second image below is a quick overview on how to read the dimensions shown on floor plans. Most dimensions usually have a label indicating which area the dimension is for.
However, should there be no labels, the dimensions generally has a pattern on how they are shown. * Dimension are shown on four sides of the floor plans
* The outer dimension usually provide the overall length.
* As you move inward with the dimensions, you are moving inwards to the building too. * Use a ruler to help you match the dimension to the drawings. In the example below I have colour coded the dimension, matching to where the dimension in measuring. * The dimension closest to the floor plan tends to be the dimension of the windows and doors. However, this can also be located at the outer layer.
#Architecture #architect #architecturaldrawing #floorplan #drawings #design #homedesign #housedesign #myhome #buildingourhome #firstbuilt #dreamhomes #homeinspo #homestyles #nitlybuilt #homesweethome #onlinelearning #learntodesign #lovemyhome #floorplan #workingdrawing #planoftheday #roomlayout #understandfloorplan #dimensions #colours #insideoutside #floorplannotes #lovefloorplan #lovelife #konmarie