Receiving a Merit Award in the Communications category was The Lake Minnetonka Guide to Shoreline Gardens by Urban Ecosystems (@urban_ecosystems )
• The guide is pragmatic and practical. It leaves nothing out in terms of how to do design, build, and manage shorelines for improved water quality, habitat, and beauty.
• It has beautiful and inspiring illustrations that show the complexity of shoreline landscapes.
• A well researched and easy to use plant guide.
• It provides an alternative approach for shoreline restoration that is more accessible to a wider array of landowners.
• The guide has helped inspire a movement toward ecologically responsible landscapes in a highly developed watershed. • The document has changed the way people think about shoreline landscapes, and has inspired many people to improve the shore appeal of their property.
#WLAM2017 #landscapearchitecture #minnesota #lakeminnetonka #aslamn