Thai drunken spaghetti! It's spicy, it's sweet, it's savory and a real wina wina! As promised, recipe 👇👇
Thai Drunken Spaghetti Recipe:
½ lb ground pork
½ lb shrimp, shells removed & cleaned
½ lb Chinese broccoli, sliced thinly
½ lb Napa cabbage, sliced thinly
4 cloves of garlic, smashed & minced
1 shallot, sliced
1 cup of Holy basil, Thai basil, or Italian basil
4 lime leaves, cut into small strips
2 Thai chili, smashed & minched
2 Green onion, chopped
2 Tbs oyster sauce
1 Tbs maggi sauce
1 Tbs regular soy sauce
1 Tbs sweet soy sauce
1 Tbs fish sauce
1 tsp rice wine
½ tsp corn starch
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbs water
½ lb spaghetti noodles
1. Cook pasta until almost cooked, drain, rinse & set aside.
2. Make stir fry sauce by adding: Oyster sauce, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, fish sauce, and water.
3. Take ground pork, add ½ tsp corn starch, 1 tsp rice wine, 1 tsp of maggi sauce and mix. Stir fry the pork on high heat until done. Remove & set aside.
4. In a pan on high heat, add oil, minced garlic, thai chilis, shallots and fry for about 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, broccoli, shrimp, a spoonful of the sauce and fry another 2-3 minutes.
5. Add pork, spaghetti, lime leaves, 2 tsp sugar and half of the sauce. Continue to stir fry for a couple minutes and taste the noodles. Adjust the flavors accordingly by adding more sauce to your taste.*
6. Turn off heat & add the basil. Mix well, top with green onions & serve. Enjoy!
* Because everyone’s taste is different, it is always a good idea to taste this dish while cooking. If the taste is bland, you can add more sauce but if you add too much sauce, it’s harder to fix. ☺️