Repost @wina_wina - Who wants a bite of this delicious meatless kimchi mandoo?! ☺️ RECIPE📝
1/2 cup well fermented kimchi, chopped
1/2 block of firm tofu, drained & crushed
1 1/2 cup of fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped
1 cup of clear yam noodles, cooked & chopped into small bits
1/2 onion, chopped
3 stalks of green onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
* Tip: Chop all the items into fairly small bits so that you get a nice bite of everything
Season filling with:
1 Tbs light soy sauce
1 Tbs sake
1 Tbs mushroom seasoning
1 ts sugar
1 ts black pepper
1 ts white pepper
2 Tbs corn starch
1 pack of round pot sticker/dumpling wrappers
1 small bowl of water
Napa cabbage or lettuce, optional
1 Tbs soysauce
1 ts rice vinegar
1/2 ts Sesame oil
1. Prepare the list of ingredients above and begin with seasoning the filling. Make sure that you mix everything evenly so that each bite will be consistent.
2. Take a wrapper and place a spoonful of filling onto the center. Be sure to leave enough room for folding in half with half an inch of room for sealing. Dip your finger into the bowl of water and paint it onto half of wrapper. Fold wrapper in half and gently press. Take the pointy ends of the half circle, place a dab of water on it and connect the ends. That's it!
3. Take all your wrapped dumplings and place them onto a steam rack. You can line the steam rack with Napa cabbage or lettuce to prevent sticking but I found that not all wrappers stick.
4. Once the water boils, steam for about 15 minutes and remove. Enjoy with the sauce recipe above or by itself!