Spinach & Feta triangles!
This recipe is courtesy of Nanna @traceyahern_
- 200g feta, chopped into small pieces
- 250g frozen spinach
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 egg
- Salt n pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Thaw spinach as per instructions on packet, squeeze as much liquid out as you can.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl (except the filo pastry) and mix well.
- One sheet of filo, folded in half and half again lengthways so it’s a long skinny length and cut in half.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Add a spoonful of feta & spinach mix to one end and fold to desired shape, I did triangles, and brush some more butter on top.
- Place on a baking paper lined tray and bake for 10-15mins until they are golden.
- Enjoy on their own as a snack or as a side!
Both of my boys have enjoyed these, feta is super low in lactose so Hamish is fine to have them... I just didn’t add in the grated cheese!