Need help fitting in veggies??
Have you tried broccoli slaw? This was my dinner last night & again today. I can't get enough! It's taco meat made with ground turkey, + homemade taco seasoning over raw broccoli slaw. 👇Here are 6 ways to fit in your veggies each day:
1. Put your vegetables on the top shelf of the fridge - This one is a no-brainer, lol.
2. Prepare a whole week's worth of vegetables over the weekend. Sliced peppers, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, &/or even roasted a bunch of veggies at once. It's super simple.
3. Add (or double!) the vegetables in your nightly meals - I try to double the amount of veggies in each recipe. Throw in a handful of broccoli or kale to your meals! Pizza? Top with broccoli florets or spinach. Risotto? Add a handful of kale. Pasta or casserole? Add mushrooms, or leafy greens.
4. Eat vegetables for breakfast - Lots of breakfast dishes are better with vegetables. Think of omelets, frittatas, even toast with spinach or kale + an egg
5. Drink your veggies! - Another breakfast idea is to juice your carrots, greens, and beets. Or throw them into a green smoothie like I do! I throw a handful of spinach into my superfood shake each morning & you can't even take it!
6. Use raw vegetables for crackers, pita, tortillas, and other breads - I do all the time! Use leafy greens as wraps for tacos, sandwiches, etc., instead of tortillas or bread. I do tuna salad on top of cucumbers, carrot slices or wrapped in in lettuce. It's great!