Hey there! It’s Caroline from @oliveyouwhole with a nostalgic recipe in video form for you! My husband and I went on our honeymoon to Mexico… 💃🏻 After all of the delicious food we ate, do you want to know what our favorite was? Chicken Tortilla Soup! .
They make *delicious* broth and pour it over the soup's ingredients. It’s SO amazing, and I’ve recreated a #Whole30Approved version for you here- enjoy! The broth is the crux of this recipe, so get the good kind! I use @barebonesbroth! Or make your own 😉
And be sure to check out the 🎉 giveaway 🎉 on @oliveyouwhole of every single one of @barebonesbroth’s products!! Bone broth is SO good for your health!
• 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
• 8 cups chicken broth (I prefer @barebonesbroth)
• 1 onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• salt to taste
• 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
• 8 roma tomatoes, diced
• sliced avocado
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for topping
• fresh lime juice
• Add the first 9 ingredients to your InstantPot, Crock Pot, or soup pot. Click “soup,” “slow cook,” or bring to a boil and simmer for 45 min (or until chicken is cooked through) in your soup pot. The important part here is that the chicken is cooked through
• Remove the fully cooked chicken onto a cutting board and shred into bite sized pieces
• Strain the broth into a pitcher.
• Put diced tomatoes and avocado slices into individual bowls and pour the steaming broth on top. • Top with fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro. For added crunch, also top with jicama slices.
#oliveyouwhole #Whole30 #Whole30Approved #Paleo #Whole30Recipes