I have or have had many* moments and/or chapters in my life (especially as I grow older) in which I gain some clarity as to how I’ve been living—through the series choices I have made, throughout the entirety of my adulthood—may just be out of alignment and even in direct contradiction with... the life I want to live.
Questions I wished I would have asked my 22 year old self❓❓❓
- How do you envision a M-F day/week looking like? (i.e. what do you want to fill your days doing?)
- How do you envision your free time looking like (i.e. activity level, access to nature, access to cultural resources, access to diverse perspectives, etc)
- Does stuff (i.e. cute outfits, a pretty home, cool car) matter more, or less to you than experience and credentials (i.e. travel, concerts, degrees/awards/notoriety) in terms of how you spend your time?
- Does it mean more to you to have deep, meaningful & intimate relationships... or a large community and following and full social calendar?
- Is it important to you to be heard and seen, just seen, just heard... or none of these things?
- Can you understand (and do you want to embrace) the complexity of making you own mold, rather than fitting into one?
- Can you understand that how you prioritize the above questions will effect where you arrive 5, 10, 15, 20 years into the future (including your savings, what you own, what you’ve experienced, who you know)
- What are you willing to compromise on so other things can be prioritized according to what you value most, based on the above?
- Are you okay with not being rich and famous, if it means you can afford yourself contentedness and balance based on what and how you prioritize the above?
#justsayin #liveandlearn #itsnottoolatetochange #whocareswhatpeoplethink #breaktherules #newpriorites #beyourownkindofbeautiful #saynotocreateyes #zerofuckstogive #charcoalunicorn