Today marks the start of *INDIE WEEK* (Pops huge confetti klaxon 🎉)
For those of you who don’t know what ‘Indie Week’ is, it’s an alternative to Black Friday. Something that isolates and overshadows small businesses, creators and makers. So instead, this week why not follow @justacard and the hashtags #justacard and #justacardindieweek to discover amazing small brands and what they have to offer for the festive season. •
Today’s prompt is ‘YOU’ so 🙋🏻♀️ hiya to you all, old and new! For someone who hates being in front a camera I find this photo hilarious! The awkward crossed hands are 🤦🏻♀️ and I’ve only just realised I’m wearing my ‘painting jeans’ as clearly illustrated by the dabs of white paint on them! Anyway here are 10 facts about me that you may or may not know:
1. I have a First Class BA Hons degree in Illustration from Falmouth University
2. I love programs like Silent Witness/Waking the Dead - a good murder mystery/who dunnit!
3. If you invite me round your house don’t be surprised if, by the time I leave, your shelves have been rearranged and colour coded!
4. I’m a vegetarian
5. I hate milk! Even seeing someone drink a glass of milk makes me feel ill
6. I’m constantly buying tubes of paint...always on the look out for a colour I don’t have that I can try out!
7. I love Quentin Tarantino films
8. I’m a Libra, so balance is key!
9. Biggest career achievement to date is having 6 (soon to be 8) books in every Waterstones store that I’ve illustrated 🧡
10. I always work on more than one illustration at a time and I only ever paint with one colour at a time before moving on to others. So for example, I would paint all of the green tones across 3 paintings and then move on to another colour! •
I hope that was vaguely interesting and you don’t think I’m a complete odd ball! I can’t wait to find out more about some amazing creatives that I follow and come across some new ones too! If you’re taking part in Indie Week, comment below so I can follow!