A great meal to prepare for the upcoming week is stir fry! Stir fry's are an easy way to use up leftovers and allow for a lot of creativity. Stir fry's can also be made vegetarian or vegan and tofu can be added as a protein source!
- Protein: chicken, beef, tofu, shrimp etc.
- Vegetables: peppers, carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Grain: Whole grain rice or quinoa
- Olive oil
- Optional: broth/vegetable broth, salt, pepper, salsa, sprouts, low-sodium soy sauce, garlic
- Cook rice or quinoa in a medium pot in water or in a broth to add flavour
- Heat a large pan on the stove, lightly coated with olive oil over medium heat
- Chop vegetables of choice into bite size pieces and add to pan with garlic
- Chop cooked protein of choice into bite size pieces and add to pan
- Fry vegetables and protein until browned and top rice with this mixture
- Add condiments of choice (salsa, low-sodium soy sauce, salsa, sprouts etc.)
#easyrecipes #mealprep #stirfry #health #nutrition #healthylifestyle #nutritious #westernrds #westernuniversity