I don’t shy away from looking tanner/darker than I really am,
And here’s why-
1) I love all colours, and I wouldn’t ever want to limit my wardrobe choices! 🌈
2) There’s nothing I look forward to more than my annual beach vacations, and why in the world would I not want to flaunt the tan I work so hard on?..!! 🔥
3) The concept that light skin equals royalty and dark skin equals inferiority (the basis of skin colour bias) is a pile of donkey-poo, categorically catered to donkey-poo people. Obviously, #ImNotADonkeyPooPerson . 💩
4) I don’t have any preference for either light or dark skin over the other when I interact with people, make friends, or love somebody. So why would I care about how light or dark my own body looks?
5) This hangup of light skin over dark skin is so life consuming! And ultimately you’re in a never ending cycle of not liking yourself and being unkind to yourself for one or the other skin tone!
#AllSkinColorsAreBeautiful and life is too short to fret over these little things.
Live big, love big and laugh big.
Everything else in life is merely a filler!