❤️💎Comment your BIRTH MONTH letter by letter + I can check your IG! Teacher Takeover for this week's theme: CRYSTALS 💎: Hi everyone! Kylie here from @thelilaclane. Here are my tips for creating gem and crystal inspired inverted lettering:
1. First mask out the area of the crystal or gem you don't want paint to touch. This will be the area that remains white. For this piece, I used washi tape but you can also use regular painter's tape.
2. Paint over the masked area - I used a combination of colours and added extra water in parts to soften the colour.
3. Once dry, lightly pencil in the lettering before painting the areas which will have white lettering. I use Dr PH Martin's Bleed Proof White as this covers the existing colour without bleeding into the paint. I left the tape on while I did this to keep the line's nice and crisp.
4. Once the white is dry, carefully peel off the tape.
5. Now comes the tricky part! Painting in the coloured part of the lettering and making sure it matches up with the white parts of the lettering. Slow and steady!
6. Once the lettering is dry, you can add some gold accents and white highlights to the letters!
Tag your work with #surelysimple #surelysimpleart @surelysimpleblog @surelysimplechallenge ❤️✨