It’s been a second since I’ve done #rachelsrandomness but I’m going to do it a little differently today...⠀⠀⠀
I’m in a season of new (yes, I’m using the word ‘season’ you Christianese crazies). New city, home, friends, job, church, etc…and it has been a whirlwind. It can be pretty easy to nitpick all the new and point out the flaws in this new chapter. But, I am so flipping grateful for so much. So, I’m going to take today to share my 10 favorite new memories I’m super grateful for…
1. My first week in Texas, I went two-stepping for the first time. And then for the first month, I went every Friday night.
2. I live with my two older sisters, brother-in-law, and 7 month old nephew. We say “love you, have a good day” each morning and watch Netflix shows together at night.
3. One morning, we hosted a brunch and I flipped pancakes while wearing a superman costume.
4. I went tortilla tossing at 2 a.m. and out of 130 tortillas, I made one on the block and ate about ten.
5. Wine night, coffee dates, and breakfasts with @alexaterase @chelseaanne29 @marissachan14 and @ivettewilhelm
6. Concerts and festivals are my jam. I’ve seen Jon Bellion, Head and the Heart, The Killers, Vance Joy, John Mark McMillan, and Phil Wickham. ACL, West Fest, Margarita Festival.
7. I’ve started photography and it’s been so flipping hard. But, I love it and the Lord has blessed me with some crazy cool and talented mentors @alexwolf_photo and @marissahyland
8. In Austin, a group of us found a totally secluded swimming spot in the woods and there was rope swing.
9. Silent discos with @jrue18
10. I’ve made so many friends and I’m pretty sure they keep hanging out with me because I’m weird and my life is naturally embarrassing. I think it makes them laugh mostly. ⠀⠀⠀
What are some new memories you’re thankful for today?