As Savasana is a Sanskrit word, we enjoy exploring other Sanskrit words that relate to Ayurveda.
Let's take a look at our Chakras.
The Sanskrit word 'Chakra' literally translates to wheel or disc. It refers to the wheels of energy which align along the spine, where matter and consciousness meets.
This invisible energy source is believed to give us our Prana (another Sanskrit word) meaning - vital life force.
The Seven Main Chakras are: (work from the base of the spine to the crown of the head)
1. Muladhara - provides stability, encourages feelings of security and fearlessness. Relates to the first three vertebrae, the bladder and the colon.
2. Svadhisthana- relates to creativity, is the bodies sexual centre. Located between the pubic bone and the navel.
3. Manipura- translates to lustrous gem and is located between the navel and the breast bone.
4. Anahata - located in the heart centre, unites the matter and the spirit.
5. Vishuddah - located in the throat area, relates to self expression and ones ability to speak their higher truth.
6. Anja - or the 'Third Eye', located between the eyebrows is the centre of intuition.
7. Sahoswara - or the 'Thousand Petal Lotus', located at the crown of the head aids enlightenment and spiritual connection to our higher selves, others and Divine.
Blockages of the Chakras occur when the energy is unable to flow freely. Often causing pain in the areas associated. For example, if someone is unable to speak their truth, they may experience an odd sensation in their throat, perhaps a sore or scratchy throat.
Contact us now to book an appointment that will aid in the clearing of your Chakras! #vitahealth #environskincare #environ #chakras #chakra #balance #spiritual #higherconsciousness #yogi #beauty #perth #perthisokay #australia