The Visarch! This took me a while to do. There are many gemstones. My first attempt at a crystal effect on the sword, I'm not entirely happy with it, but time to move on! It's good practice for next time. I wanted to stick to the Ynnari red, (must keep to the fluff) but tried to tie into the dark green dark Eldar and pink and purple Harlequins #visarch#ynnari#ynnead#warhammer40000#paintingwarhammer
So after being down with a cold for some days I finally got to finishing up the Visarch. Had this nice base from @microartstudiogdynia still in my bitsbox from when I did my Grey Knight Terminators and thought it would fit quite well with the miniature and would tie him more together with the Yncarne. Sword was an experiment, but I like the look of it very much and I am pretty happy how he turned out in the end.
After the 50 cultists I decided to paint a single miniature and I chose the Visarch (before starting on his retinue 😂). Just started with the first layer for the edges, not quite sure how he will look at the end... as usual 😉
The Visarch, Sword of Ynnead Last of the trio from the #TriumvirateOfYnnead. Commission work. Love the cape and fur on this guy, you can really experiment there. As with his friend the Avatar, I'm again thankful for the gem paints #GamesWorkshop made.
What's next: -finish my Deathbrand helmet (the one with the horns) -->only 2 or 3 hours (without paint, of course) -the Visarch's loincloth -->probably 300 years -and his back, since it's the only freaking piece of armor still missing -->theoretical: 1h, practical: 300 years as well
I had to split the collar in three parts for practical reasons (that's why the back is missing). Everything light grey is EVA foam (5mm for the base, 2mm for the details, from cosplayshop.be). The faces are a mix between paper mâché and parts of a plastic mask, covered in craft foam.
I wanted some parts (it wasn't a random choice) to have an iridescent color (in the same tones as my cape) and gave them a totally different aspect with a wood burning tool. Only one of the pieces is missing, it's easy to find out which one (if you know what the character looks like of course) given the ones I already detailled. The rest (including all the 3D details) will be smooth and red.
PS: the little foam spikes (bottom right picture) on the helmet have this pattern as well, they are probably too small for it to be noticeable