Suka baking? @dapurbaking
Giant Hostess Cake Swiss roll
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, such as Crisco
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff, such as Jet Puff
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Dark chocolate, melted
- Hostess Swiss Rolls for decoration
1. Preheat your oven to 425*F.
2. Separate your eggs into yolks and whites. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form - you don’t want to dry them out.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar, until pale yellow, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients including flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and instant coffee, until just combined.
4. Then, fold in the egg whites, being careful not to deflate them by over-mixing.
5. Pour the batter into a greased, parchment-lined ½ sheet pan, and gently spread it evenly. Make sure you have a slight overhang of parchment in the pan, as it will make it easier to roll your cake later.
6. Bake the cake for approximately 9 minutes, until set.
7. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes, and then gently roll the cake into a Swiss roll, while still on the parchment. This will prevent the cake from cracking later, when you roll it with the filling. Allow the roll to cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, beat together the butter, shortening, vanilla, marshmallow fluff, salt and powdered sugar until smooth.
9. Unroll the cake and spread the filling across it. Re-roll the cake with the filling inside.
10. Place the cake on a cooling rack, and pour over the melted chocolate.
11. Decorate the cake with slices of real Hostess Swiss Roll cakes.
Aneka resep kue dan roti @rotikuebolu @videocakes .
#Resepkue #rotikuebolu #videokue #cakevideo #cakerecipe #kuekering #kuetart