We've got Black Bean Barbecue Pizzas on the menu for an easy VegWeek meal. We could eat these everyday! Each pizza is packed with 27g of protein and loaded with lots of Southwest flavours. The cost to make these pizzas is low too. That's an added bonus to eating Esther Approved foods. We will be making more delicious tortilla pizzas this week. A gluten-free option can be made with gluten-free tortillas. EnJOY!
Black Bean Barbecue Pizzas
Cuisine: Esther Approved, Pizza
Prep including Bake Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 2 (8") pizzas
Author: Chef Linda
4 (8") flour tortillas
1 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup bell pepper, diced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 (8 oz) package Daiya pepper jack shreds (2 cups), or other non-dairy cheese
1 (15 oz) canned organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
S&P to taste
2 Tablespoons cilantro, minced and divided
2 green onions, chopped and divided
I avocado, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Fork 2 tortillas to remove air pockets. Place the 2 tortillas on a baking sheet or pizza pan. If your pans are not non-stick, spray the pans with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup cheese onto the first tortilla. Spread 1/2 cup cheese onto the second tortilla. Place the remaining tortillas on top as if you were making a quesadilla. Fork the top. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a medium sized sauté pan. Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the black beans and cook for an additional minute. Add the salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixer in half with a spatula in the pan.
3. Spread 1/4 cup barbecue sauce on each tortilla with a spoon. Spread the veggie bean mixture on each tortilla.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on each pizza.
5. Bake the pizzas for 8 to 10 minutes. Slice with a pizza cutter. Serve with cilantro, green onion and avocado slices.
#pizza #estherapproved #estherthewonderpig #vegweek