Vegan + #NutFree spaghetti carbonara from @mymeatlessmeals 💛 (Serves 4)
• 500 g uncooked dry spaghetti (or pasta of your choice, as long as it's vegan)
• vegan bacon, enough for 4 servings (optional)
• 300 g cauliflower florets
• 120 g potato, peeled and cubed
• 150 g carrot, peeled and cubed
• 200 g onion • 2 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp black salt* (if using table salt, cut the amount in half)
• 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
• 1.5 cup UNSWEETENED plant milk of your choice (I use oat milk)
• 1-2 tsp black pepper because it wouldn't be "carbonara" without some "carbon"!
1. Cook spaghetti, in salted water, al dente.
2. In a separate pot, boil the vegetables until tender (about 12-15 minutes).
3. When the vegetables are cooked and softened, drain the water and blend up the veggies with the rest of the ingredients for a few minutes in a blender. Make sure the sauce is smooth.
4. Once the spaghetti is ready, begin searing the vegan bacon lightly before adding cooked pasta to the pan.
5. Pour the sauce over spaghetti and vegan bacon in the pan, before adding black pepper and fold everything together. Have a taste and add more black salt if needed.
6. Continue to cook for a couple minutes, allowing the pasta to absorb some of the sauce.
7. Serve hot with more black pepper.
8. Indulge. #veganvideos #vegandinner #spaghetti