🍕🌱Rooibos Red Lentil and Beet Pizza!
Ok, first things first — WOW! Now down to business 😊 This recipe was inspired by @BrendanBrazier's Thrive book and recipes ((I made some modifications to his original 😊)). I've been indulging in his thoughts for the last few weeks and I have to say, biologically, hisninsights make a lot of sense. I highly recommend hisnwork to any athlete or active person out there interested in getting more our of their nutrition for a total well-being lifestyle. Now, on to this recipe.... I've never made a low-temp baked food before, and this is the cloesest to a raw "cooked" meal I have ever made ((anything cooked at or under 107°F is considered a raw food, done to maintain full nutritional densidy and poetency of any food. Though, some say 112, 115, 118, and 121 are still raw; but some of the more fragile nutrients will breakdown at these temps like: vitamin C, B1, B5, B6, B9 just to mention a few. )). Granted, this pizza is WAY above what is considered an acceptable temperature for "raw" cooking, but it is much lower than convention pizza cooking.
• 2 cups hand crumbled brown rice cakes
• 1 cup cooked red lentils
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon ground rooibos tea (yes!)
• 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax, 2 tablespoon water, mix and sit for 5 min.) SAUCE
I made a randomly assymbled sun-dried tomato pesto:
• 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked for 20min. in 1 cup warm water
• 1 huuuge clove garlic
• .5 cup grated cucumber
• .5 cup leftover vegan marinara sauce
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• .5 teaspoon white pepper
Any veggies will do, but I chose: diced bell pepper, red onion, jalapenos, sliced tomato, grated beet, diced snow peas, fresh cilantro and a vegan mozzarella.
• Preheat oven to 300°F
• Mix all crust ingredients in food processor until it starts to form a ball.
• Spread onto parchment lined pizza pan, 1/4 " thick
• Spread on sauce of choice and toppings
• Bake for 30 min. then add desired vegan cheese
• Bake another 15 min. ((bake will vary pending personal choice of crispiness and moisture content of veggies))
• Cool for 5 min.
• Cut and serve!
Have a wonderful Sunday 🌱♥️🦊