Today's WOD, 'Drumsticks,' has a LOT of sumo deadlift high pulls. Check out these tips from Coach Josh for keeping your form honest and maximizing your efficiency:
1. Set up with your feet wider than shoulder width, and hands on the bar inside your legs.
2. Shoulders should be slightly in front of the bar with a neutrally braced spine and eyes forward
3. Movement begins with your hips and shoulders rising at the same rate until the bar passes your knees.
4. Once past your knees, you will engage your glutes by rapidly opening your hips.
5. Shoulders shrug and arms pull the bar up to your collarbone.
6. Keep your elbows high and wide at the top of the movement.