How to make Opal-looking glass cabochon for your jewelry piece. (The fastest and easiest way!) Supplies: - Nail polish with visible ( larger) glitter pieces
- Nail polish with smaller glitters in color of your choice. Will be used as background color
-Glass cabochon -a small piece of blu tack or similar sticky putty
1. Use a small piece of blu tack to hold the glass cabochon on a flat surface (front side down, flat/back side up). This is the best way for working on smaller size cabochon)
2. Paint a layer of nail polish with the larger glitters.
3. After that previous layer of polish is dry, you may add another layer of the same polish if more glitters was desired. Otherwise, you may begin to add the background color; which will become the main stone color of your glass cab. Apply 1-3 coats depends on the color you pick and the opacity you wish to achieve. Make sure to wait for it to dry between coats.
4. Flip your painted glass cab over when it is completely dried, and admire your work! Now you may use it to decorate your own jewelry piece.
Tip: I use Glossy Accent by Ranger to apply cab on my creation, because it dries hard and clear. "be inspired - be creative". #bracelet #howtomake #opal #glass #cabochon #bohemian style #Patina #Unique #Jewelry #Accessories #Handmade #handPainted #vintageStyle #tutorial #easyinstruction #tutoriol