6 Daily Tips for Better Mental Health
1. Develop a morning routine. Cook yourself a delicious & healthy breakfast to fuel your mind and body for the rest of your day. Spend a couple minutes dolling yourself up so you feel confident when you walk outside your front door. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you're a badass. Repeat as many times as necessary. If you wake up early like I do (hello teaching yoga every morning at 6:00 am), set your alarm for 15 minutes earlier than usual so at the very least, you have time to grab a snack and enjoy that uplifting morning ritual you love like writing in your journal or enjoying a cup of coffee.
2. Write a "to-do" list the night before to keep you focused. There's power in writing your thoughts/goals down (not typing them up in your cell phone notes); seeing your goals on paper is the first step to making them become a reality. Have fun making it - color code each activity, doodle inspirations in the margins and create something that you love to look at. Be inspired!
3. Take a mental health break - even 5 minutes to check in with yourself, breathe mindfully, soak in a little sunshine or whatever else will fill your energetic cup.
4. Spend some time creating, whether it's drawing, cooking or flowing (of course!) to give yourself a moment of freedom from your daily obligations.
5. Create an environment that inspires you. Our internal world is often a reflection of our external world and if our room or car (it's so hard keeping your car clean when you practically live in it from all the driving you do 😂) is discombobulated, our thoughts tend to feel that way as well. Organize your environment so you can organize your thoughts!
6. Reach out to someone - a family, friend, someone who inspires you - even if it's just a simple hello. Building a community reminds us that we are never alone!
Remind yourself that if it is in fact a difficult day, it is only temporary. Love yourself no matter what, surround yourself with supportive energy and know that at the end of the day we are all trying our best, and that is enough! 🙏🏻
Hoop is by @hoopologie 💙