Glute bridges 👙🏃🏽♀️
After a long week of sitting at the desk, your hip flexors get tight and your glutes 🍑 switch off. As we fatigue at work, we tend to sit in a slumped forward position, then get into the car, sit in traffic, get home and sit on the couch. This leaves so many people with weak glutes & lower back pain. Essential to prevent lower limb injury.
These exercises will assist to improve flexibility, as well as activating & strengthening your glutes to make them feel strong & toned.
1. Feet in a comfortable position, straight like train tracks.
2. Lift you hips up & tilt your pelvis backwards to prevent overextension of your back.
3. Knees, hips & shoulders in a straight line. Squeeze glutes for 3-5 seconds.
To strengthen gluteus medius which helps to stabilise the pelvis when walking & running.
1. Side lying as above
2. Tilt pelvis backwards to activate core.
3. Press bottom leg into ground & lift knee up, without rolling your hips back too far.
NOTE: slow and controlled is important, with approx. 3 sets and 12-20 reps, depending on pain levels or ability. This video is sped up.