TOFU JERKY TWO WAYS 🙌
Ingredients: ✔️1 block extra firm tofu
✔️1/4 cup low/reduced sodium tamari (or soy sauce). *Full sodium tamari/soy will result in jerky that’s too salty.
✔️1 teaspoon liquid smoke
✔️1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
✔️1 + 1/2 tablespoons siracha (for spicy jerky) OR maple syrup (for BBQ flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Wrap block of tofu in a clean towel and place a heavy book or soup can on top to press dry (this will not remove all liquid and that’s OK). 4. While tofu is being pressed, whisk together all other ingredients in a small bowl. (Use siracha OR maple syrup... not both, although that could probably be tasty, too!) 5. Slice pressed tofu into very thin strips - the thinner the better!
6. Place strips on your baking sheet lined with parchment, then brush sauce onto each strip. Flip strips, then brush underside of each with sauce. *Reserve extra sauce.
7. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for approximately 3 1/2 hours (you may need slightly less time or slightly more time, depending on the thickness of your tofu slices). **At approx. the 1 hr 45 minute mark, brush both sides with additional sauce if you have any left, making sure to place the strips on the baking sheet underside/paler-rawer side up). Continue baking for remaining time.
8. Once done (when tofu has dried out and has a tough texture), remove from oven, cool completely, then store in a sealed container. 🌱🌱🌱🌱 #vegansnack #veganjerky #tofujerky #anythingyoucaneaticaneatvegan #veganfood #veganrecipes #veganrecipeshare #tofu #veganprotein #plantpowered