#TipTuesday ***HOW TO REDUCE YOUR STRESS*** I'll start off with the obvious that stress is a very powerful tool. The reason that I chose the word "Powerful" is because it can seriously affect your whole outlook, mood and general wellbeing.
Stress can be either a positive or a negative, and that comes down to you, the situation and how you handle it. For some, stress can be a positive thing. For example there is a deadline soon approaching, this sort of stress for some people could ensure that they are working hard and smart, avoiding procrastination. On the other hand some people might cave in and feel that it is too much for them to handle and perhaps request an extension.
When it comes to your health & body composition a negative stress can be really detrimental. So detrimental in fact, that it increases your risk of the following: - Strokes - Obesity
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Lower Testosterone Production
All of which, clearly must be avoided.
So here are a few ways that you can combat stress.
1. Keep thing in perspective - If you look at your life and the thing that you are stressing about from a birds eye view (I.E. The Big Picture), is it really that bad, is it detrimental so much that it will have a huge impact on your life? Chances are probably not, so focus on the big picture. Things aren't always as bad as they seem.
2. Sweat it out, exercise - Exercising is a great stress reliever and releases natural endorphins. When you're in this stressful state of mind, try performing some HIIT training, heavy weight training or circuit training. Completely zone out!
3. Get more sleep! - Feeling stressed could be down to the fact that you're sleeping pattern isn't great! To aid sleep avoid any sort of stimulants 6hours before bed and avoid electronics an hour before bed. E.g. Phones, laptops, Tvs etc.
4. Schedule You Time - "Everyman needs a shed at the bottom of his garden". You need some time alone, or some time to relax and let your hair down. Schedule this in, whether it be one day a week, an hour a day, whatever fits around you! Turn your phone off and do something fun!