Day 22 - 3km Time Trial
Yep! You read that right-3km (1.864 miles). Today is the first of a few time trials we'll do. Let me start by saying that even with the short distance, it probably won't ever be you favorite workout because you're going to be uncomfortable.
1. The goal is to track your progress along the training. Pretty soon we'll start doing some speed work but before we do, let's see how fast you are now (cue: 🎶started from the bottom now we're here🎶). 2. You still need to warm up. Do at least 1 mile to get that blood moving and joints loose.
3. If you use miles instead of km, make life easier by doing a round 2 miles. You need to run the same distance each time for this to work correctly and when you're grinding at the end of a hard push, the last thing you want is to keep checking your watch.
4. Find a tack or path you can access again. Ideally you'll do the same route for each of the time trials.
5. Your effort should be uncomfortable but consistent. You should be breathing heavy and want to slow down but it's not an all out sprint. This will take most of you 16-22 minutes so keep that in mind.
6. Make sure you write down your time!
.. 🏆Do your best to make it great. If you can't make it great, at least make it happen! 🏆
-#SeaWheeze #SeaWheezeTraining #SeaWheeze2017 #HalfMarathon #Lululemon #LuluRunCru #Training #Run #TimeTrial #SpeedWork #Runner @lululemon @LuluRunCru @lululemonnyc