Black bean brownies by @wearesovegan 💛
Makes 12 delicious gluten-free brownies
1 can black beans (240g drained weight)
1 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup walnuts
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil (plus more for greasing)
Large pinch of salt
150g dark chocolate (suitable for vegans)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 12-slot muffin tray with coconut oil.
2. Drain and rinse beans, then add beans, avocado, sugar, cocoa powder, half the walnuts (1/4 cup), baking powder, vanilla extract, coconut oil and the salt to a food processor.
3. Melt 120g of the dark chocolate in a double boiler, then transfer to the food processor.
4. Combine ingredients in the food processor for 1-2 minutes.
5. Evenly distribute the mixture into the muffin tray (roughly one heaped tablespoon per slot).
6. Cut remaining chocolate into 12 pieces and put one piece on top of each brownie, pushing down gently on each piece of chocolate so they become partly submerged in the mixture.
7. Finely chop the remaining walnuts and sprinkle over brownies.
8. Place muffin tray in oven for 20-25 minutes (we take them out after 22 minutes).
9. Leave to cool completely before gently removing each brownie. The longer you leave them to cool, the easier they will be to remove them from the tin. Gently loosen the brownies out of the tin with the thin end of a fork. Enjoy! #veganfoodvideos