Today's topic: Instagram.
I'd love know how you’ve been feeling about it, especially those of you who take IG a bit more seriously.
You know, I love all things Instagram. Over the last couple of months I've had many chats with Instagrammers. Some of them get paid for what they do, some don’t, some want to get paid, some don’t. Every person I’ve met has got something interesting to say. I love you all!;)
Things I've been wanting to share with you:
- We’re all tired of the IG algorithm. We all doubt our skills, our editing styles, oh, just everything. We all know what a comparison trap can do to a soul. To sum up: nothing new!😅
- Quite a lot of IGers have lost the joy and fun of creating, often and mainly because of the above. I haven’t come across a single person that is entirely happy with IG… Guys, we can’t give up! Hello!;)
- Money talk is still a BIG tabu.
- IGers who ask brands and companies for remuneration sometimes come across as greedy and demanding. Lol.
- Many IGers still collaborate for free when it’s so evident they should be paid for what they create and do. It’s obviously changing for better, but very very slowly. Please, guys, value your own work.
- I’ve found out that a brand that wasn’t willing to pay IGers for sponsored posts cause of no marketing budget, has actually a budget big enough to cover costs of billboards in London tube stations. I laugh every time I pass by one of them…
- PR/brand managers tend to forget that we, IGers, talk. And, I mean, we talk a lot. If you treat us unprofessionally and try to take advantage of us - let’s say even though we’re paid for the collaboration, well… we still talk about you over a coffee. We all like to be treated with mutual trust, respect and friendliness.
- London IG scene has been growing, but also has become very competitive and cliquey. It’s quite opposite to what I saw in Cambridge, where we all just sticked together. Here I’ve witnessed tears, jealousy, anger, and soooo many gossips. Arguments over photos of a certain places. People block each other and accuse each other of copying. The world’s insane and, call me a naive, but I hope one day I’ll find a way of changing it…