#AB_presents Fashion Tech Summit ✨
Yep, @FashionTechSummit was held 23 days ago 😅 But it was really very cool to have a startup badge during those 2 days and, what's more, there's still so much to be told about this event!
Let's start from Gauthier Vasseur ( @thegauthiervasseur ). He is a professor at @Stanford University and one of the best Data Science specialists in the world.
Here are some interesting points from his lecture.
Digital Darwinism is one of today’s biggest threats for organizations. It’s the theory that companies develop in the same way as species and those companies, which are most successful in adapting to the digital environment, will survive.
AI is important in taming the data wave. Considering the initials AI, the augmented intelligence would be more preferable. @IBM CEO Ginni Rometty says that instead of AI, they call it cognitive computing.
ETL is one of the most important processes in the database usage and it stands for Extract, Transform and Load.
Steps to detect the signal in the noise:
• multi variable correlations to detect casualties;
• pattern recognition to anticipate issues;
• clustering to group in smarter ways (third parties, transactions, products and markets);
• visualization of the invisible.
Keys to good data:
• impeccable master data;
• data quality across sources;
• relevant data models;
• sustainable and efficient data processes;
• people engagement from the first input on;
• smart business questions.