I was diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue a few years ago after seeing a functional doctor. I was exhausted, getting sick all the time, gaining weight and feeling off. .
I had to really focus on my diet to heal! It’s not like you can just pop an over the counter drug and get better—you’ve gotta rest, reduce stress levels, take the proper supplements, and eat foods to heal adrenal fatigue. .
Before I get into the 5 best foods for Adrenal Fatigue, I want to talk about what you should NOT eat. .
If you suspect you have adrenal fatigue, I suggest you cut out sugar, processed foods, caffeine, alcohol, gluten, and dairy. Stimulants like caffeine and alcohol can really mess with your hormones, so it’s essential that you cut them out if you want to heal. .
Here are the 5 Best Foods for Adrenal Fatigue: .
1. Fermented foods Think kimchi, sauerkraut, or kombucha. .
2. Sea Vegetables Try picking up some nori, or wakame from your health food store and make miso soup, or add to a stir-fry or salad! .
3. Protein Some examples of protein you can add to your diet are: eggs at breakfast instead of cereal, tempeh or chicken on a salad, salmon (wild caught) or organic tofu with dinner. .
4. Salt I prefer real salt or Himalayan salt compared to regular table salt since they have an abundance of trace minerals that are beneficial for the body. .
5. Fat Use coconut oil to cook your food, eat avocado with your eggs or toss some on a salad, and up your intake of fatty fish like salmon (wild caught only). .
Adding these foods to heal adrenal fatigue will help you recover faster and feel better! If you want more information about adrenal fatigue, my story, and symptoms of adrenal fatigue, check out my blog, link in bio!