Sending the last new moon ritual for this 2017 year!
A new moon and solstice ritual for introspection.
This is the best time of year to go mega quiet. Whether you live in a cold or hot place, you will be feeling the hibernation vibes on some level. Don't fight the feeling. Go with it. Even as you approach holiday parties galore, keep coming back home to your den and making sure you are taking that quiet time.
1. We recommended first and foremost creating a playlist for this time of year, complete with whatever jams take you inside.
2. Then, during this new moon cycle, you can begin to write daily in your journal about the things you are shedding from 2017. This gives you two weeks until the new year to collect these insights. Use the new moon’s energy to pull these artifacts out of you.
3. If journaling isn't your style, write one thing you are leaving behind on a piece of paper every night, and place them in a bowl next to your bed or on your meditation altar, if you have one. If you do one daily, as the moon gets full on January 1, you will be ready to let it all go.
4. On December 31, take all of the paper from the bowl and burn it or bury it. Keep your playlist going, burn some incense, light a candle, drink a warming tea, or do whatever else makes you feel quiet in your heart. Don’t rush the moment. If you have cedar oil or any wintry herbs, place them in your hands post-release and inhale to feel cleansed and renewed.
5. Indulge in a salt bath or some room smudging to clear the energy and voilà, your ritual is complete!
This article was co-written by Ruby Warrington. https://amp.mindbodygreen.com/articles/sagittarius-new-moon-ritual