Earth day🌍Yesterday @greenpeace_switzerland ‘s 🌍 really soft plastic « attack »:
We collected the unnecessary plastic from people after they shopped at the supermarket, to make consumers and the supermarket aware of our overuse of plastic.🛒
🌿Why do we all have to reduce our plastic waste?• Only 5% of the plastic is recycled ! the 95% left is decomposed into microparticules of plastic that goes into landfills, nature, fish’s and birds belly... Then our food chain is polluted.🐠
• 100’000 marine mammals die each year because of plastic
• By 2050, some scientists predict there will be more PLASTIC THAN FISH
• A lot of oil is used to produce plastic, thus a lot * will be more PLASTIC THAN FISH _______________________________________________________♻️How to reduce?
- the five R : REFUSE, REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, ROT (compost)
• Refuse what you do not need.
• Reduce what you do need.
• Reuse by using reusables.
• Recycle what you cannot refuse, reduce, or reuse.
• Rot (compost) the rest. • Refuse plastic bags 👜and always keep one (reusable) with you • Avoid buying plastic bottles and refill yours💧 (surtout en Suisse, ça a pas de sens!) • Avoid single-use plastic -> No to straws ->have your own cuttlery ->put your vegetables in the supermarket or market in a reusable bag (canvas bag) • Buy savon de Marseille, solid soap instead of liquids (in plastic)
@greenpeace @greenpeace_switzerland #earthday2018 #earthday