Forgot to bring my recipe book with me last night, and I promised I would tell you how to make my "Perfect Pomodoro"- so here's how!:
-1/3 Cup of Diced Pancetta
-4 Tbsp of the best Olive Oil you can find
-3 Cups of Pomi Strained Tomatoes
-4-5 cloves of garlic slivered thin
-2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
-3/4 Cup Water
-3 Fresh Basil Leaves
-5-6 Canned Peeled Tomatoes
-1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
-Cracked Black Pepper to taste
-1 pinch white pepper
-1 pinch Cayenne
-1 tsp fresh chopped Oregano
1) In a larger sauce pan, on medium-high heat, sautée Pancetta until fat renders out and is crispy.
2) Take out and reserve pancetta, keeping fat in the pan.
3) Turn down heat to low, add olive oil and sweat garlic for 4-5 minutes.
4) Introduce all remaining ingredients EXCEPT for one of the basil leaves and the fresh oregano. (And yes, reintroduce the crispy Pancetta).
5) Bring to a "Hard Simmer" then turn immediately back down to low and Simmer for 90 minutes.
6) Turn off heat and add the remaining basil leaf and oregano.
7) Allow to sit on the warm burner for a final 30 minutes, then use in any application you would use a red sauce. You'll absolutely love it!
8) Share @thewinebox with your friends!
🍷I used the sauce with Penne Pasta
1) 2015 Brunelli Poggio Apricale Toscana
2) @ciaccipiccolominidaragona Brunello di Montalcino
3) Malabaila Roero Arneis .
#foodstagram #thewinebox #winenight #swipable #penne #italiancooking #pomodoro #latergram #foodandwine #swipstix #lemongarlicbread #toscana #homechef #homecooking #chef #recipe #redsauce #simplecooking