Looking for delicious low carb supper ideas?
I present to you “Loaded Spaghetti Squash Boats” .
Here is the recipe:
To make the squash:
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved, seeds removed
4 T olive oil
½ t cumin
½-1 t chili powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
2. Drizzle each half of the spaghetti squash with olive oil (2 T per each half), sprinkle with cumin, chili powder and salt
3. Place on the baking dish face down and bake for 30 minutes in the oven, meanwhile prepare the ground beef.
For the stuffing:
1 lbs grass fed ground bee/ chicken or turkey
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 carrot (optional), diced into small cubes
½ C mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
½ zucchini, grated
2 t Tex Mex seasoning or Taco seasoning
1/8 C tomato sauce or Marinara (can also substitute with ½ C of diced cherry tomatoes)
1/8 C olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
¼-1/2 C old cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
1. In a large frying pan heat up the oil over medium high heat.
2. Add onions, garlic and carrots and stir until onions are transparent and carrots are slightly softened (about 5 minutes)
3. Add the remainder of the ingredients EXCEPT for cheese and season to taste
4. Break the ground meat with a spatula into small pieces and allow to cook thoroughly about 12 minutes
5. Set the meat aside.
6. With a fork, remove the spaghetti squash and place it into a small bowl, add meat to it and mixed together.
7. Load the spaghetti squash shells with the meat and squash mixture evenly divided, top with cheese (optional)
8. Broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and enjoy 😉