The second participation from Kimberley, a sepsis survivor, #USA .
I've been forced out of my comfort zone to talk about post affects of sepsis a lot the past few days.
So just a few post affects with "Life After Sepsis": 1. Fears. The fear of getting sick again like I was and the fear of pain. My fear of getting into the ocean. The fear of the hospital to visit anyone because of the smells and sounds and memories.
2. Insomnia. Some nights you just can't turn your brain off. What if I don't wake up.
3. Chronic pain mostly related to severe Vitamin D depletion. I hurt.
4. Post traumatic stresses disorder (PTSD). Yeah I said it. I've never talked about this. Ever. To anyone. Probably explains the fears and insomnia.
5. Exhaustion. It takes a while to bounce back. It's been almost 5 years...I'm still bouncing and still have days my family calls my "septic days". 6. Scars. Where they put ports in your body. Or cut you to remove failing organs. Or emotional scars.
7. What I call Fuzzy Brain. Just can't quite "get yourself together". 8. Superventricular Tachycardia (svt). My heart gallops like a Clydesdale at random times and without warning.
But it does slowly get better!! You're not alone in this.!! There's help for all of these things. 😊😊😊😊 #gracethrugrit #bellspalsy #residualbellspalsy #facialreanimationsurgery #facialtrauma #facialparalysis #septicshocksurvivor #septicshock #sepsis #sepsisalliance #lifeaftersepsis #sepsisawareness #svt #superventriculartachycardia #vitaminddefiency #insomnia #ptsd #chronicpain @world_sepsis_day