This weeks #sundayveganshare is a wholesome
Creamy Pumpkin & #chickpeacurry Curry by
Ingredients: serves 4-6
-1x red onion
-2-3 bayleaves -1 Tbs curry powder + 1Tbs extra for pumpkin/carrot -1 Tbs tumeric -3 garlic cloves, crushed -2 tsp each cumin, nigella seeds*, fennel seeds,grated ginger, garam masala, cardamon (or 2-3 pods)
-1/2 tsp cayenne (to taste)
-1/2 a Savoy cabbage, finely chopped
-1/2 a pumpkin, diced
-3 large carrots, diced
-2 cans chickpeas (no added salt), drained -1 Tbs pure maple
-1-2 Tbs balsamic -400ml vegetable stock +100ml water -1/2 cup cashews -2-3 fresh medjool dates -filtered water
1. Soak the cashews & dates in 1 cup of hot filtered/boiled water for 30-40 minutes, longer if possible. Set aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree & line a baking tray with baking paper. Add the chopped pumpkin and carrot, and coat with curry power, maple & balsamic, toss to combine. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until just soft.
3. Heat stove to high & in a large pot add the onion, garlic, remaining spices and water, turn heat down to low and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly until fragrant. .
Note: add more water in increments if burning or catching on the bottom.
4. Add the stock and water, chickpeas, cabbage and roasted vegetables & bring to the boil.
5. Meanwhile blend the cashew mixture until creamy**, add to the curry pot & reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. The longer the better.
6. Serve with fresh lime and tomato, steamed red & brown basmati rice and top with nigella seeds & pineapple sage.
*Note: nigella seeds (also called black cumin) can be bought at Asian grocers, however you can also use black or white sesame seeds.
**For a creamier taste make extra or even double the blended #cashew cream.
Please tag your sweet and savoury creations with full recipe and method to SUNDAYVEGANSHARE & follow us @veganglobalforum 😋 🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🌱SundayVeganShare post brought to by Elizabeth @veganwolf1 - .
🌱 Follow @veganglobalforum
🌱 Tag your sweet & savoury vegan dish with full recipe & method to SUNDAYVEGANSHARE & #veganglobalforum -
🌱 We welcome & appreciate your support.