#SUNDAYSLIMDOWN recipe of the week! 🙌🏽💪🏽🤤
Healthy Hearty Turkey Chili to warm the soul!
WHAT YOU NEED:
∞ 2 teaspoons olive oil
∞ 1 yellow onion, chopped
∞ 3 garlic cloves, minced
∞ 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
∞ 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken (99%)
∞ 4 tablespoons chili powder
∞ 2 teaspoons ground cumin
∞ 1 teaspoon dried oregano
∞ 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
∞ 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
∞ 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
∞ 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
∞ 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
∞ 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
∞ For topping: cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
1. Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Next add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. 3. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
4. Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
6. Garnish with anything you'd like.
7. MOST OF ALL ENJOY!!!!
#NutritionZone | #TeamNZ
Original Recipe: @ambitiouskitchen