I know a lot of y'all think #sugar is the devil but I thought I would make this post to share some thoughts. Here's my top picks for healthier sugar options and some fun facts on them. They are all dissolvable, with the exception of date sugar, so they will work in your tea/ coffee as well as in cooking or foods.
Where to find them:
• Pure maple syrup - grocery store
• Date sugar (Gr8 for baking) - health food shop, online, or make it yourself (it's easy!)
• Honey - buy locally
•Date Paste: make your own with some yummy @ndmedjooldates
• Stevia - grocery store/@NowFoodsOfficial has a great liquid stevia I use a ton!
• Brown rice syrup - health food shop or online
• Coconut sugar - health food shop, online, some grocery stores (Tesco, Sainsbury's, Costco I have seen it in)
My two cents on sugar is: sugar is carbs. A lot of people don't do well with a lot of sugar - feeling tired and hungry quickly after. If your body doesn't do well with sugar, don't eat high sugar foods and make your life easier and more enjoyable 🙂. If your body does do well with high carb/ sugars then don't worry - or if you're an elite athlete, you definitely need some quick digesting carbs like sugar💪🏻. If you have sensitive teeth/ tooth problems try and avoid sugary foods and use a straw when drinking drinks with sugars. If you love cake but don't want to bake with loads of sugar then find alternatives like date sugar, date paste, stevia, or maple syrup! (Many recipes on my blog - freshfitnhealthy.com). And if you like alcohol then be mindful of your sugar consumption in drinks 🍹. Everything in moderation 🙌🏻😊. Hope this was helpful! Happy Friday!! Photo curated from: @blonde.health